CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Progress in humility

yahsburden.blogspot.com

I was driving home from some work I had to do and it was pretty late.  Ok, so it was 11 pm.  Late but not too late for me.  My mind started thinking about the warm, thermal blanket on my bed, my pillow, the alarm clock...you get my drift.  I was ready to go TA SLEEP! Then it hit me:  "No, I will wash the dishes first and then prepare for bed."  I was pleasantly surprised by this idea.  "Yes, I will do that."  Ya see, my housemate Tina prefers that the dishes are washed at night so that in the morning she does not have to wake up to a sink full of dirty dishes.  A year ago, dem jokas woulda still been in da sink and she would have had to have dealt wit it and kept it movin'.  BUT GOD!!!
I'd been praying for humility and putting others' interests before my own for the past two and a half years (a long time, right?!?!).  And the Lord in His awesome splendor and GRACE has been working in me by His Holy Spirit to humble me and make me more like the Lord Jesus.  I'd been praying this for the past 2 1/2 years according to Philippians 2.  So tonight when He opened my eyes to show me that He indeed attended to all those prayers and was working in me, I was DELIGHTED!  I was FINALLY, EASILY, JOYFULLY putting another's interests before my own and I didn't mind.  Now don't get me wrong, in all that time (the 2 1/2 years) I HAD been putting other's interests before my own (so He's been working!) but it had been a struggle to do this for Tina.  I mean, I've known her FOREVER and it had been so easy to just do what I wanted to do and not sincerely put her small desire of having the dishes washed before my own.  And tonight, I did just that.  Even though I had sleep on the brain, I willingly washed the dishes and enjoyed good conversation with my dear friend.

Glory to His merciful Name.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...