CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

The Ultimate Gift

buffalosalvationarmy.org

We're now officially in the "season of giving." I've seen what feel like numerous Salvation Army volunteers posted up in front of the entrances to places I frequent ringing that bell for donations.  I realized something today as I walked right past the swinging, red bucket TWICE.  I realized that with the few nickels and pennies (maybe dimes) that I drop in every time, I've probably not even spent a whole dollar in donations to the S.A. this entire season.  Surely because of God's grace, ("God's riches at Christ's expense" for you acronym lovers!) His unmerited, undeserved favor of rescuing me from hell...and His grace of blessing me with a lil' money to operate with on Earth...I realized that I can SURELY spare to donate EACH and EVERY time I see the bell-jingling-smiling-faced-volunteer yell a hearty greeting my way.

Now, of course, I, would say that THE ultimate gift is the gift of salvation through Jesus Christ.  Being saved from hell.  Now, THAT's a gift!

One more thing...Have you ever seen the movie The Ultimate Gift?  It's based on a novel by Jim Stovall.  GREAT movie in my opinion.  A trust-fund baby (a 20-something year old man) is assigned tasks to complete in order to receive the ultimate gift from his recently deceased grandfather.  While completing the tasks the young man learns some valuable lessons and helps people along the way.  Ok, so it's not a Christmas movie but the title sounds seasonal, right?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...