CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, July 28, 2017

Winning and losing

Picture scooped from: Innovationmanagement.se

"Sometimes you get it right and you're
successful. And sometimes you blow it."
- Mom

When you hit the 5 year mark at your job, you might feel pretty good about this milestone. You probably feel like you have a good handle on things, know what you're doing, have made significant contributions to your company/organization, and can help other co-workers.

Well, that's how I felt today until I messed up big time. Every year, we meet with corporate executives and negotiate financial investments. I literally TRAIN people to negotiate and secure the money. And today in a meeting, I FORGOT to remind our spokesperson to ask for the money!!!!!

I really blew it. We need that money for staffing projects we're working on! I felt so awful as this came out in the evaluation after the meeting.

I was trying to forgive myself quickly and move on; I couldn't! All day it's been on my mind. I feel like I let my organization down. Then I talked to my mom...and she gave those words above. I'll figure out a way to make it right.

You live, you learn, you grow, you succeed, you fail, you make work...

Proverbs 24:16 The righteous may fall seven times but still get up, but the wicked will stumble into trouble.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...