CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, December 9, 2011

Show ya fruit!

handofgod.com.au

While taking care of some things this morning, I revisited John 15:1-11 and oh! It blessed me. Ha-ha! It really did. Verses 7 and 8 REALLY stood out to me today:

If you abide in me, and my words abide in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you. By this my Father is glorified, that you bear much fruit and so prove to be my disciples. (ESV)

Mmmmyyyyy GOODNESS! I mean, it makes so much sense but I thought..."Hmm...of course if I abide in Him and His words abide in me I will please Him...so since I will please Him, He will be more than happy to do things for me."  I mean, when you love someone AND y'all are just tight like that, it really gives you great pleasure to do things for them! Without hesitation!  At least that's true for me. 

And then verse 8...OF COURSE I WANT HIM TO BE EXALTED!!! Ok, so by abiding in Him, being pruned, and allowing Him to produce fruit in me, and having that FRUIT show, I PROVE that I am His disciple!!!! I want people to know and see that I am HIS!  And I PROVE it when they can see my fruit!That love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, gentleness, goodness, faithfulness, and self-control mentioned in Galatians 5!

Show ya fruit!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...