CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

He Proposed...I accepted

p4cm

Have you met "the One"?  I have.  His proposal was/is/will be the best EVER. I couldn't believe how much He loved me.  He STILL loves me.  He will ALWAYS love me.  When I first heard of Him, I thought He was...ya know...AIGHT.  He sounded like a real' good Dude.  I was young when I heard about Him.  I thought I'd start chillin' wit Him.  The more time I spent wit Him - whether it was just He and I or we were with other people - I saw more and more of how beautiful He was.  He was awesome.  He awed me. His character was SOOO much better than my own.
His attributes were clearly visible. After some years, I really wanted to be with Him.  He had my attention.  I wanted to be His and call Him mine. I hit a point where I sat with Him and cried when He showed me that I was in desperate need of Him; showed me that I was a sinner....a WHAT?!?! I didn't even know that the things I did offended Him and that only by giving Him my trust, my faith, and giving Him full reign over my life as my Lord could He rescue me.  Rescue me not only from a life without meaning and a life that did not matter...but from eternal separation from Him in the ABSOLUTE WORST PLACE.  He even used mutual friends to continue to present the truth of His love to me.  The truth of the 66-book love letter He'd written.  I'd read some of it.  He said the most amazing things like, "I will never leave you...For the mountains may depart and the hills be removed, but my steadfast love shall not depart from you..." (Deuteronomy 31:6 and Isaiah 54:10) just to name a couple. I couldn't believe this Dude captured my heart.  So I gave Him my heart.  He took that thang and did some amazing things in my life.  At one point we hit a rocky point - it was my fault.  I wasn't really spending time with Him.  I wasn't communicating.  I was submitting to Him.  I noticed but it didn't seem like a huge issue to me. He loved me still.  Pulled at my heart strings.  He never gave up on me.  He opened my eyes to this and I renewed my vows.  I haven't turned back.  Even after 14 beautiful years of our union I still continue to learn from Him and about Him.  He continues to conform me to the image of His dear Son.  He continually makes my desires match His own. With each day we spend together I see the changes in my life that He brings about.  My love for Him grows.  His love for me never stopped.  When I do wrong, (I'm human. I still mess up) He convicts me and His goodness leads me to repentance.  He is quick to forgive me when I confess the wrong things I do and ask Him to forgive me.  He doesn't hold those things over my head.  Micah 7:18-19.  Ah.  How refreshing it is to be with Someone like Him.  Because of what He's done, I can't help but talk about Him with others.  I want them to know about Him.  To meet Him.  To be formally introduced. Have you met Him? Let Him capture you....click here

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...