CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Give me my flowers NOW!

Hello dere! Great readers..."Givin' honor to God, the pastor, associate ministers, deacons, saints, friends, visitors...did I miss anybody? Oh, to the readers of this dear blog. :) I just wanna say one thang to y'all this aftanoon...give me my flowers whilst I can still SMELL them! Y'all be blessed."


Ever heard that before?  Ok, so maybe not in a theatrical way but you get the point.  Give people all the props, acclaim, kudos, appreciation, and so forth while y'all have time together on this earth.  Don't wait til something happens to them to tell the WORLD how much you love that person. For instance, I spend time with my extended family cuz I wanna enjoy them NOW while the Lord extends His grace for us to have time together.  I give flowers to Momma J while she can still SEE them.  I mail sweet notes to the ones I care for so they know NOW that I care about them. I tell that lady in the parking lot that she looks nice in case no one else has. I let the manager of the mom-n-pop shop know I think he da bomb-dot-com in case he's had a hard day dealin' with FOLK.

This isn't in perfect context but I'm reminded of this verse...
"So then, as we have opportunity, let us do good to everyone, and especially to those who are of the household of faith." Galations 6:10 (ESV)

Person A: Flowers?
Person B: Oh YES! Give me dem joints now! I 'preciate it!

Til next time,
U.M.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...