CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Is He enough?


Hello there! I'm groovin' to Enough by KB.  Have you heard it?  Let your ears devour the words if you've never heard it...



Is God enough?  During my reading of Psalm 73 I could really identify with David's words.  At times it seems like the wicked are doin' JUST FINE!  Seems like thangs are all gravy and all good for them and here I am, a child of the King, GOING THROUGH!  I know that the Lord is sovereign and in control and that Psalm 37 (hey! 73 and 37!) complements this Psalm and builds me up!  The Word says in Psalm 34:19 that "Many are the afflictions of the righteous BUT" (!!!) [Church of God in Christ version] "the LORD (!!!!!!) delivers him out of them allllllll"! HE REALLY IS IN CONTROL!  He's got it!  No matter what things look like the Lord will work it all out for His glory and for our (Christians') good.  As believers we will go through various trials and such (that's a given; the enemy is trying to thwart us!) and life in general will have its ups, downs, and all-around heart-aches along with the joys and happy things.

And ya know what?  He is ENOUGH.  I am reminded of the words "You're more than enough for me" from a popular Christian song.  Glory to His wonderful Name.  He guides me with His counsel...and I have none in heaven but Him (personal paraphrase of Psalm 73:24-25).  My prayer for myself is found in the latter part of verse 25, that "there is nothing on earth that I desire besides you." Lord, help me to desire NO ONE or NOTHING more than I DESIRE YOU!

My flesh and my heart may fail,
but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever
                                                               -Psalm 73:26 (ESV)

Desire Him.

Til next time,
U.M.

P.S. I was not trying to endorse any denomination or organization over another by mentioning the Church of God in Christ (COGIC).  Their preaching style just really emphasized my point REALLLLLLY well at that moment. :) Thanks, U.M.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...