CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Cherish HIM

Howdy howdy howdy hey! Hello there.  Urban Missionary aka U.M. aka Unique Madam (JKJK on Unique Madam) here again.  I feel like it's been a while since I've stretched my blog muscles (or better yet stretched my "fingas" and typed!).  Like the new layout of the site?  I mean, there's a lot going on with it I guess? It's really colorful but anyway...Today's note - cherishing the Lord.  Just now I was thinking about how I don't really cherish the Lord and it made me feel a bit ashamed.  Why don't I hold dear the One who first loved me?! Why don't I spend MORE time with Him, resting in Him...abiding...really loving on Him by showering Him with the praise due to Him? Telling Him how AWESOME I think He is (as a matter-of-fact how AWESOME I know He is...and He knows it, too! Yes, He does!).  Why don't I show my love for Him by the way I live, by the way I treat others - especially the way I treat the people closest to me that know me and have seen me in my mess?  Why don't I make an effort to allow the Holy Spirit to direct me so that I DO what pleases God and REALLY shows that I cherish Him?!  The One who made preparations and carried them out to rescue me from an ETERNITYYYYYYYY separated from Him and His goodness?

Do I even really cherish His forgiveness and all the other things He's done?  Why don't I cherish His Word sooooo much that I LONG to read it?  LONG to be in His presence? I mean, after all, in His presence there is fullness of JOY (Psalm 16:11)!!! Why wouldn't I want to be there?!!! I often complain about what's going wrong, my sin, why things don't seem to go the way that I hope and you know what? I've learned that complaining about those things with no intentions of CHANGING them or my perspective is a WASTE OF TIME.  If it's broke, FIX IT!!!!!!!!! LORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Help me!  My prayer for myself, and you reader, is that the Lord would help us to cherish HIM.  To see His beauty.  To see His righteousness. To see His NEVER-ENDINGGGGG love.  To remember the price that Jesus paid for us and to be GRATEFUL and filled with THANKSGIVING that pours from our hearts and lips.  To tell others of Christ and what's He's done for us.  To not simply complain about our sin and things that are going wrong but to give those things to the Lord and ask for His help so that we see CHANGE in our lives! So that we see change in our communities! To look at a sunrise or a sunset, a rainy day, a tree-covered mountain, the deepest blue sea, a quiet pond, a family of geese crossing the street...and be AMAZED at what OUR GOD (YES! OURRRRR GODDDDD!!!!!) has created for us to enjoy. For us to see HIM.  CHERISH HIM.

Til next time,
U.M.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...