CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, August 14, 2011

No excuses, ok?

'Ello there mates!  Ok, so ya got me...I don't actually have an accent.  I stated in an earlier post that I'm from the South so that just about rules out that accent in the intro BUT you'd better believe that I have a Southern accent! Anyway, summer is one of those interesting seasons for the missionary front (on my end anyway).  It all depends on what outreaches are happening, who sets a date for door-to-door evangelism, what days we are visiting the sick and so forth.  You'd think I was busy this summer then, right? WRONG.  And ya know what? I haven't nearly been as busy as I'd like to have been.  Being a missionary (well, a full-time one) requires money, dough, that green, moo-lah (get my drift?) and right now, I don't have that dolla-dolla bill y'all.  So, alas, I've allowed that to be an excuse to hold me back from doing so much and have limited my evangelism efforts to conversations I have with people that I know aren't Christians.  But don't judge me! What's YOUR excuse?  Have you been sharing that News you call GOOD lately?  If you haven't, GET OFF THE BANDWAGON!  Open your eyes to the many possibilities the Lord has given us to share the Gospel.  Maybe money isn't your excuse (I'm gonna have to stop using it as mine) but EVERYONE usually has SOME sort of excuse.  If you are actively sharing the Gospel and have no room for improvement then start your own blog so the saints can be encouraged!  Ha-ha-ha.  Seriously. Start it and post a link in the comments section.

So, the opportunities we have are limitless.  Let's first REPENT for not sharing the Gospel as often as we should.  Let's ask the Lord to forgive us and ask for HIS HELP in making changes.  Let's also pray that He would open our eyes to the opportunities to share our faith that He presents (eh-hem...pray for opportunities, too).  Ok.  Now that that's settled.  Let's think up some creative ways to share our faith.  Feel free to post some here in the comments section so we can all learn something.

1. Find out local hospitals'/nursing homes' policies on visiting patients/residents.  Who knows how God can use a simple conversation with someone needing a friend?  And offer to pray for the people you visit. Gather the kids to make cards and give those out.  And while you're at it, take the kids with ya!  They need to be involved in the adventure of evangelism and see adults actively living out their faith (I mean, live it out in every way, not just by sharing the Gospel.  Kids can smell a hypocrite...)
2. Colleges all over the country are getting ready to start Fall classes.  Why not grab a friend and go share your faith on the campus?  Take some cookies or something.  College kids LOVE free stuff.
3. A FREE car wash!  I know.  It sounds erroneous since I just mentioned how money isn't a strong point for me now BUT this could be something for you folks who DO have the resources for it.  Or maybe you could talk to someone involved with community outreach or evangelism at your church?  You could talk to people as they wait to have their cars washed.  Or have a community barbecue?  Or have the barbecue AND the car wash and talk to people as they eat and wait.  And what's all that without a lil' Christian music playing, huh?
4.  Reach out to your neighbors.  Maybe schedule a day once a week or bi-monthly to visit your neighbors.  Talk, maybe share a meal, get to know them.  Offer to pray for them.  Build good ties and look for doors to share your faith with them.  Commit to praying for them daily.
5. Ok so this one isn't EXACTLY along the same lines but...HELP SUPPORT A MISSIONARY.  I mean, my goodness!  As they continue to serve locally and internationally they need funds to continue.  Whether you make a one-time gift or commit to monthly giving IT HELPS!  People overseas need Bibles and bicycles!  So please give! These missionaries are taking the Gospel to places we cannot even imagine.  And at the very least PRAY FOR THEM!  Please :)

I know you can google "Creative Evangelism Ideas" and find THOUSANDS more ideas so don't hold back on doing so! I really like the above ideas.  Thank You Holy Spirit for giving me those.  I know that the Lord will provide the money I need.  While I'm waiting, I will still share His glorious Gospel.  Blessed be dat Name.

Til next time,
U.M.

P.S. I embedded this video of this great artist Thi'sl's song entitled Urban Missionary.  The 'hood needs the Gospel! Praying about moving there to be a light?  I hope the Lord says yes!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...