CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, August 15, 2011

Longing

Hellooooooo 'der!  Just about all summer I've wanted to go to the beach.  To lounge, read a magazine, eat a packed lunch, maybe ride a tandem bicycle with a buddy, splash around in the ocean, build a sand castle, watch the sun set, look for an opportunity to share the Gospel, ya know, the usu-well...ha-ha-ha. I've longed to go but never made it.  It's not too late.  I even thought about getting up MAJORLY early one morning and maneuvering down to the shore.  Still haven't made it.

Thinking about my longing for the beach makes me wonder...why don't I long for my heavenly home this way?  I should long for heaven MORE than I long for the beach.  Heaven - the place where I can be with my Savior, my God...without a care.  The place where there are no more tears.  No more dying.  No more heartache.  No more sickness.  No more disease.  WOW.  Lord, I pray that you would increase my desire and longing for You and the place You've prepared for me...

Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and the sea was no more. And I saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, "Behold, the dwelling place of God is with man. He will dwell with them, and they will be his people, and God himself will be with them as their God. He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away (Revelation 21:1-4). 

Glory to His MATCHLESS Name.   This is where I should long to be.

Til next time,
U.M.
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...