CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Family as a TV Show

Hello there!  Is your family funny enough to have their own sitcom?  I think mine is.  Simple, everyday events could easily make up episodes of our series.  And ya know what we'd call it...Family.  That simple.  The characters in my family (grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, and all!) really are just that - characters.  Picture it (based on real events):


Set the scene. 11:39 pm.  Saturday night.  McDonald's Dollar Menu options end at 12 am and it's a 7 minute drive from the house...
-"I'm hungry. I think I'm gonna go to McDonald's. I got a taste for some fries" says the sister who's broke.
-"Oooo! That would be good. Can you pick me up a sundae?" asks Mom.
-"Sure" says the one who ain' got no money.
(Question: How she gon' buy anything for ANYONE??? She's BROKE!!!!!!!)
Brother enters.
-"Ay! I want somethin', too!" exclaims Brother.
-"You got some money?!" asks the one who ain't GOT NO MONEY.
-"Yeah.I got a lil' bit. Here" (he hands her two-one dollar billls and two quarters).  "Get me two uh' dose dollar chicken sandwiches and a cup uh water."
-"WHAT?!" exclaims the one who ain' got no money.  "WE GOT WATER AT HOME!"
-"Yeah, but the water at McDonald's IS FREE!"
Mom shakes head.
-"Mom, whatdoyou (yes, it's all one word) want?" (to eat that is) asks the broke one. "I'll pay for it."
-"I'll give you the money.  I know you ain' got it. I just want a sundae. Whatareyougonnaget?" (all one word) asks Mom.
The broke one gives Mom the STANK eye.
-"Nuggets and fries" says the broke one and looks at Brother. "You drivin'?" asks the ONE WHO AIN' GOT NO MONEY!!!!!!
-"Naw! Why you think I gave you the money?!" shouts Brother.
The one who ain' got no money goes and grabs her car keys. Then Brother says...
-"Ok, I'll drive. I just gotta pump up my back tire first cuz it's flat. And you know my A/C don't work."
-"I'LL DRIVE" she says.
They all start walking toward the front door when they passed the kitchen and Mom is hit wit a thought and exclaims...
-"I got everything y'all wanna eat in the freezer. We can just eat at home."

HA-HA-HA. At that point it was 11:52.  They probably could have made it to McDonald's JUST in time and ordered before the Dollar Menu options got knocked off the board by the late night menu...well..if there was no line when they got to McDonald's. This family is absolutely jovial!

They had everything they needed RIGHT THERE.  And it was FREE for them.  Their mom had already paid for everything and their dad made sure that all of the arrangements for that were taken care of. Thinking about this reminds me of the Gospel. Jesus is pretty much RIGHT THERE.  Salvation is FREE.  Jesus already PAID the price for our sins and His DAD made sure that all of the arrangements for that were taken care of.  GLORY to the One who paid it all!  And blessed be the Father of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Amen.

Til next time,
U.M.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...