CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, July 31, 2011

I thank God!

http://thinkchristians.blogspot.com

Hello hello hello! Picture it:  You're sitting in church before the service has begun and one of the ushers runs in from outside and starts hugging everyone.  After she hugs everyone, she starts running laps around the sanctuary and saying (not yelling), "I couldn't do this last week."  The keyboard and the drums start up in what I'm going to call "Black-people-praise-music"and next thing you know, the service has begun!  Then, they sang How Great is Our God and remixed the joint. It was fantastic!  Then, the lady on the keyboard (who also had a microphone) started talking about all the things we should be thankful for like our jobs, our homes, etc.  So, this entry was partly inspired by that.

What are you thankful for?  In keeping with the African American tradition (by-the-way, I'm a Southern, Black girl in case you were wondering) of testifying...Giving honor to God who's the head of my life. To the pastor, missionaries, deacons, saints, and friends...and everyone else in their respective places.  I thank God for being saved, sanctified, and filled with the PRECIOUS Holy Ghost. Hallelujah! [The church (that's you) responds with "Hallelujah!"] I wanna bless the Lord this morning, church!  [Church responds, "Bless Him, sistah!"] He woke me up this morning.  Started me on my way!  He didn't let me sleep too late! [Choir chimes in unison "He woke me, woke me, woke me right on time!"] Kept me safe from SEEN and UNSEEN dangers. [Lady in the back who almost had a car accident on the way to church shouts, "GLORAYYYY!!!] Church, lemme tell you what else I'm thankful for:

1. The blood running warm in my veins (otherwise I'd be dead!)
2. Health and strength
3. The activity of my limbs
4. Not just "being saved" but what I was saved FROM! AYYY!! He saved me from being eternally separated from Him in that terrible place called hell!
5. The ability to talk to Him in prayer! 'Cuz He don' EVA get tired of me! He's concerned about me! [Lady in the back shouts, "Yeah, Lord!"]
6.  My family! Even though we don' always see eye to eye I'm THANKFUL!!!!!
*I run my own lap around the church. When I get back to my seat I say...*
7. Thank Ya, Lord, for my job!  That place that gives me an opportunity to do good deeds before folks to make Your NAME great!  To tell 'em 'bout You! And I thank YA (!) for the money You give me every two weeks when You allow my boss' left hand to grip that pen so he can sign that check!  Thank Ya for being my source! Even when I was unemployed You were still my source!
8. Thank Ya for helping me to love people that seem unlovable! When my Daddy turned his back on us, You were still there! Thank Ya, Lord, for helping me to still love him!  When my Momma flipped out, Lord, You kept me! Thank Ya for helping me to still love her, too!
9. Lord, I thank Ya for the food You provide! God, it hurts me that so many people in this world go hungry every day but I thank Ya for the money You bless me with to try to help feed some of them!
10. Lord, I thank Ya for my home! It may not be on Cribs but I thank Ya for a roof over my head, Lord! I coulda been in the shelter or coulda been foreclosed on or this thang coulda burned down but GODDDDDDDD You are so gracious!
11. When loved ones died, You kept my mind! Your Holy Spirit comforted my heart!
12. When I think of my friends that don' know Christ, and think of how long I've been praying for You to save 'em...Lord, I thank Ya in advance! I know You can do it!
13. When this world looks like there won' be a tomorah, I can think of the place that You've prepared for me and I thank Ya!!!!!!!!!! 


When I look back ova my life, and I think things over!!!!! Ahhh!!!!!!!! Glory to God! GLORAYYYY! He's so worthy of the honor! He's so worthy of the praise! Lord, I bless Ya! Lord, I magnify YOU! He's been so AHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! to me!!!!!!!!!!! WHAT ARE YOU THANKFUL FOR??!!!!!!!!

Til next time,
U.M.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...