CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Green with Envy

Hello there!  Do you live on the East Coast like I do?  If so...YOOOO...did you feel that earthquake or the tremors from it?  That was ridiculously startling!  Whew!  I was sitting on the bed when that mattress began wobbling and I thought, "Oh no! Is this THE DAY?!" I started asking for forgiveness and ALL THAT just IN CASE I'd forgotten to confess something. Ha-ha-ha!  He's still coming back one day...I'm just glad it wasn't that day! But we should actually eagerly await the return of Christ and especially the rapture before the Tribulation...

Then today came and I looked at my news feed on Facebook and saw all these seemingly exciting things that were happening in the lives of my friends and I became envious.  While things are picking up on the missionary front and my life has been satisfyingly busy at the moment, I still found myself envying my friends' profile pictures in exotic places and the "cool people" it seemed like they were hanging out with and how happy they seemed to be.  With pictures and news of weddings, engagements, babies, statuses about how happy some were to be married or how some had enjoyed the day with his/her significant other, family vacay photos, road trips and such...I began to think that my own life was hum-drum and a bit...*gasps!* boring.  I even kind of mentally rolled my eyes a little and thought, "They can't be THAT happy." Then I thought, "What am I doing?! Why am I thinking this?!" I also asked the Lord to forgive me for envying others. I'm happy that my friends are enjoying their lives and the things/opportunities God has blessed them with!

I also started to think about the many goals and dreams the Lord has placed in my heart and mind.  So many that I almost feel like I will need TWO lifetimes to do all of those things.  But ya know what?  The God who gave me those goals and dreams knows exactly how long my life will be and what things I really will accomplish.  I praise Him for giving me those desires.  Even if I don't accomplish them all on this side of glory, I know that He will still be glorified.  Maybe I'll just have to write all of them down so that many other people can see the vision and become a part of what God is doing in my life and what He can do in theirs...

Til next time,
U.M.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...