CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, September 9, 2012

God, do you still see me?

Scooped from: sandykumskov.com

"I regret obeying You!" I screamed into the night air as I drove home. I hit my palms on the steering wheel at a red light. "I have followed You my whole life -- not out of obligation, and not because I was trying to earn something, but because I love you! And now my bones are on fire and You're holding a fire hose and I keep calling Your name, but you're standing across the street handing out flowers to other people who don't even like You! I love You and You won't even touch me. What's wrong with You! You're a tease. Go make Your sunsets, go stir up wind and thunderstorms, go plant love in the hearts of the lonely. Whatever. I'll plug my ears and close my eyes because I don't want any of that from You anymore. Stop taunting me."

-Tara Leigh Cobble, Orange Jumpsuit:  Letters to the God of Freedom

Ever felt like that?


From the first book of the Bible we learn that God sees us.  Even when we don't feel like He does.  In Genesis 16 in the story where Sarai "deals harshly with Hagar" and makes her flee...Hagar is pregnant and in the wildnerness when the angel of the Lord found her and spoke to her.  "The God of seeing" (verse 13) is the way the ESV records it.  Here she was, a servant, and I do not remember reading anywhere that she had faith in the God of her master.  Yet that same God spoke to her and listened to her affliction (verse 11). 

What a great reminder to me that God always sees me.  

Here I am, a child of God (John 1:12, Galatians 3:26), joint heir with Christ (Romans 8:16-17), and I feel like God doesn't see me?!?! OHHH YESSS HE DOES! And He hears my prayers.  He still loves me.

When things are rough, I must push through.  I must cling to Him even more and trust His promises in His Word.

Amen!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...