CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, December 2, 2012

Good, clean fun

catholicmatch.com


\Ever gotten a birthday card that looked like this?  Ha-ha.  Well, it just so happens that (no, I didn't get a card like this, and no, it's not my birthday) that I had some good, clean fun with a group of Catholic ladies and one Catholic man tonight.  It all started as a quest to see Christmas lights...
A Catholic woman I know invited me to see Christmas lights with her and some friends.  I was pleasantly surprised at the diversity of ages of her friends until I found out they are all in the choir together.  Ages 23 to 68, I was the youngest of the group...but it was fun!

We got stuck in a line of traffic for over an hour and decided, after prayer, to give up and do something else.  That was fine with me because after all that time crammed in a van with 8 other people, I was ready to get the feeling back in my right butt cheek.

We settled on going to a local ice cream shop where we were entertained by one of the ice cream baristas (can I call him that?) on the piano in the dining area. Next thing I knew, I'd agreed to bake 9 dozen brownies and go to lunch on Monday with 2 of the ladies.

As we walked back to our mini-van, someone said, "Hey! We had good, clean fun! No drinking or staying out late! We are like a bunch of good high school kids!"  That last sentiment accurately described all the giggling that transpired.

Tonight, God reminded me of how great it is to be in community.  To have people that care about you and you care about them.  To have people who are willing to pray for you and bear with you...in the silliest moments and in the most difficult ones.

Even though the Catholic ladies (and man) and I have theological differences, we were able to have some good, clean fun.  And for that, I am grateful to God.

O give thanks to the Lord, for He is good: for His mercy endures forever - Psalm 107:1.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...