CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, November 25, 2012

Gravity...earth to Ugena...earth to Ugena

playseat.com

Sitting on planes, I often look out of the window and am amazed by what I see.  The perspective of being up so high and seeing "it all" and then knowing that soon I will back on the ground, amongst the people.  Being at such an altitude reminds me that there is much more to life than what I see around me every day. Reminds me that there is a whole world out there and so many opportunities and possibilities.  Being up so high always seems to bring the gravity of this thing we can humanity or mortality home in my mind.



I am reminded that I am not in control.

The world does not revolve around me.

Even though my job involves fighting for changes in my local community, there is an individual transformation that needs to happen in each life...

Reminds me that the greatest role I have is that of an evangelist.  At the end of the day, no matter what "good deeds" I have done or how hard I have worked to make my community better for others, if no one ever receives Christ and lives for Him...then what has really been accomplished?

The gravity of it all...

How then will they call on him in whom they have not believed? And how are they to believe in him of whom they have never heard? And how are they to hear without someone preaching? And how are they to preach unless they are sent? As it is written, 'How beautiful are the feet of those who preach the good news!' Romans 10:14-15

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...