CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, August 12, 2012

The struggle is REAL

thebeautifulstruggle.tumblr.com
So my walk with the Lord has been a bit...hmm...how should I describe it...well, rough.  This past month, I have been on an emotional roller coaster struggling with a new job and all sorts of crazy newness.  When life picked up, I didn't work hard to make sure I spent daily time with the Lord...I just worked hard at my job...and complained a lot to Tina (my old housemate...praise God for her!).  She endured my groaning (as did other people when they asked about my job...thanks guys...) but also helped me to see that this job is everything I want(ed).  Funny how sometimes we can't see the sun for the clouds, right?
I was in a real slump.  Here I was with such great opportunities:
-living in a cheap apartment in a quiet section of a major city (a quiet section of a city?!?!).
-I live near all types of great restaurants and shops (not that I'm trying to spend a bunch of money, but it's nice to window shop).
-I get to meet and talk to people with INCREDIBLE stories
-People keep inviting me over for meals!
-I get to check out all kinds of churches
-My work schedule as of late has been pretty flexible albeit difficult (meeting with people to get to know them!)

And all I could do was complain about what wasn't going right.  Plus I was tired of the long hours.  I was homesick.  All types of craziness.

But the Lord grabbed me in all of my complaints and used Tina in showing me all that I had to be thankful for.  Glory to God.  I even apologized to God for my complaining and thanked Him for His goodness and grace!

So all I gotta say now is...


And count your blessings!!!!!!!!

I just have to remember that through it all, He is good.

"Oh give thanks to the Lord, for He is good; for His steadfast love endures forever!" -Psalm 118:1

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...