CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

The Gospel in Everyday Life

noahthedocumentary.net

As I continue to spend time with the Lord, He continues to draw me closer to Him.  I guess James was right, eh (See James 4:8)?? The Lord has been opening my mind to see how everyday events can be used as illustrations to explain the Gospel.  For example, I went outside last night to throw some things in the recycling bin and the moon was shining so brightly that I thought an outdoor light was on!  When I came back inside, the Holy Spirit reminded me that just as the moon was shining brightly by reflecting the sun's light, my light should shine brightly before men as I reflect the light of the Son.

In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven.
matthew 5.16 esv

I plan to use illustrations such as the above as I share the Gospel with people.  Gotta be on that urban missionary grind!

What ordinary events help you understand the Gospel more clearly?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...