CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, April 13, 2012

Do You Love Him ON TODAY?!

whdowntownblog.org

Ok, ok.  So I know that "on today" isn't QUITE the correct way to state that something happened "today."  But nonetheless!  I wanted to use it.  People in the Black church have been using it for years and no one to my knowledge has ever been corrected during the service. HA-HA-HA.

Anyway, this week I found myself thinking...do I really love God?  I mean, REALLY?

I'm reading this fantastic book entitled, Crazy Love by Francis Chan and he takes a look at God's extravagant and prodigal love for us and how people who really love God respond.  When the average church-goer looks at their life, (me in this case so that no one thinks I am pointing a finger at them!) do they really love God?  Do my actions show that?  By that I mean, do I serve others like I'm doing it out of my love for Christ?  Do I share the Gospel with people because I want them to enter into an amazing relationship with the incredible God that I LOVE and who loves them and so that they can spend eternity with Him (and not in hell)?  Do I really invest my life in doing what pleases God OR do I just do what I wanna do to please myself and hope that God is pleased in the process?

A book review and more to come...

Stay tuned...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...