CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, February 4, 2012

Get yo' lazy self up!


It's hard to admit this but...*sigh*...confession is good for the soul, right? I am a real bum sometimes and I procrastinate...A LOT.  What's the lesson in this?  Well, I'm working on it.  I've learned that laziness really prohibits me from accomplishing as much as I'd like to during the day and that laziness is VERY selfish.  For instance, when I lazily procrastinate on doing things around the house (i.e. cleaning, dishes, etc.) this adds to the amount of things I have to do later.  Why laziness is selfish:  laziness only "benefits" me.  If I sleep in or take a long nap (not because I really need the sleep but because I'm lazy), this cuts in on the 24 hours that I have to do things (especially spending time with the Lord).  Let's look at what the Scriptures say about laziness...it's pretty embarrassing when the Word discovers my condition as always.

How long will you lie there, O sluggard? When will you arise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, a little folding of the hands to rest, and poverty will come upon you like a robber, and want like an armed man.
     proverbs 6:9-11 esv


Whoever is slothful will not roast his game,  but the diligent man will get precious wealth.
     proverbs 12:27 esv


The soul of the sluggard craves and gets nothing, while the soul of the diligent is richly supplied.
     proverbs 13:4 esv


But his master answered him, ‘You wicked and slothful servant! You knew that I reap where I have not sown and gather where I scattered no seed?
     matthew 25:26 esv (even Jesus says something about laziness!)


Ok.  So while I feel (everyone probably feels) a bit lazy at some point due to working many hours or being busy or WHATEVER, I still must battle this laziness.  I have to do all that God wills for me to do for the fame of His Name!  I don't even wanna be spiritually lazy anymore (i.e. not praying as much and as fervently as I should; not reading and studying the Word more during the day). I don't want this lazy thing to continue to be a lifestyle and a sin for me.


2 goals:  Pray BOLDLY for people in positions of authority and people I know in the morning instead of lazily putting it off. Fold laundry the day it comes out of the dryer instead of lazily waiting to fold it many days later.  This saves time looking for clothing items during the week.  

2 comments:

Anonymous

I definatly know what you mean about being lazy and procrastinating, it is really a hard habbit to break. I seems like being lazy is just 'you time', but there's a fine line between a little 'you time' then just sitting on the couch watching tv for 8 hours. I definatly learned that lesson the hard way.

I love your posts, keep it up !

-Ashley

Ugena Moses

You're right! Those Scriptures are so convicting, too!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...