CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, January 7, 2012

This little light of mine..

4shared.com

*singing...I'm gonna let it shine.  Let it shine.  Let it shine. Let it SSSHHHIIINNNNEEE! Everywhere I go.  I'm gonna...*

WHOA! Everywhere?!  Hmm...maybe at church but everywhere?  Like in my attitude at work when my boss asks me to spend the shift in the station I don't particularly like?  Or with a customer who seems to be spilling their guts?  Will I share with them the Truth that I cling to?  Will my light shine at home in front of my family?  Lord, have mercy!!!!!


That old song tends to get the church rockin' but do we really mean the words we sing?  Think about it.  Looking at Matthew 5:13-16, we believers are to be salt and light in the world (in the world, in the world! Israel Houghton).

Lord, show me myself.  My weak areas.  Show me the areas in my life where my light isn't shining.  I want my light to shine so people see You! I don't want my light to be like a lamp under a basket!

"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven" (Matthew 5:16 NKJV).

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...