CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Hardships

hardtimesnewsletter.blogspot.com

... no one can avoid problems, not even saints or sages. - Nichiren Daishonin


Ok so the guy I got the quote from (only took half of his quote) was a Buddhist monk but he makes a good point.  No matter how "good" we are or how much "good" we do, we can't avoid hardships.  I'm sure you've heard that trials come to make us strong but I know I sure feel weak when I'm going through 'em.  I've decided to have an "attitude of gratitude" and remember that no matter what, things could be worse! I want God to be glorified by the way I respond to hard times.  Even though things will be tough at times (or maybe a lotta times), we gotta trust God! 

Some Scrips fo' da hard times:

God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
psalm 46:1 esv

Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.
isaiah 41:10 esv

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.  And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
philippians 4:6-7 esv


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...