CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, December 29, 2016

Juicy gossip

classyblackgirl.com

Oooo...do I love a good story! Well, as long as the story doesn't hurt someone. But that's what gossip does, right? Someone is harmed. Whether it's the person that you're talking about or yourself or the hearer.

One day when I was about 19 years old, I learned that a good friend of mine was dating a girlfriend of mine. A mutual friend told me about this, but I hadn't confirmed it with the guy friend. She and I sat and mused about why he wouldn't have told me and what the girlfriend had told us about the relationship. Me being me - I called the guy.

"So I hear you and so-and-so went out," I said.

"This is so high school!" he said, obviously annoyed and a bit disappointed that I'd stooped to the level of high school, cafeteria-style gossip.

I called the friend back who told me the original news. "Girl, we were caught up in gossip!" I said.

I hadn't even thought of it as gossip. Neither had she. We both were immediately ashamed.

"Let's look at what the Bible says about this and not do it again." We agreed.

Follow this link to read about the 8 types of gossip and look at Bible verses. In 2017 and beyond let's stay out of gossip!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...