CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, November 23, 2016

What I learned from dancing pt. 2

Pinterest.com



Happy early Thanksgiving!

The guy that I danced with the most that night was probably at least 25 years older than me but a good dancer. We danced with a space in between and he turned me (not spins he said...) so many times that at one point I was dizzy. It was fun though! I followed him and this other guy so easily too because they were really patient in helping me learn.

Ok so back to the previous story...So Mr. Watch extended his hand, and I took it. I tried to tell him that I wasn't a dancer and that this was my first night there, but he didn't seem to mind.

Him: "Just follow my lead."
Me: "Ok, I'll try."

I looked down at his feet to try to keep up. Then, I think I stepped on his feet.

Me: "Sorry! I told you I'm learning. Thanks for being patient."
Him: "You have some control issues, don't you?"
Me: "I'm trying to learn. I'm trying."
Him: "Well, just follow my lead."
Me: "I have the same conversation with the Lord."
Him: "I'm not even gonna touch that."
Me: "Just being honest. I'm trying."

So I decided to stop trying to figure it out, leaned into his chest, and followed his lead. It was beautiful...

Until I tried to figure out how in the world this was happening and looked down at his feet.

Me: "Oops! Sorry!" I said as I stepped on his feet again.

After that dance, I went back to my seat before another man approached me to dance, and I learned all about his job and how long we both lived in the area.

Later, Mr. Watch came back and we danced again.

So what else did I learn? I learned that just like dancing, when I try to figure out how things are going to work out and rely on myself, I mess up. When I depend on the Lord and follow His lead, things might not always flow smoothly, but He takes care of me. He's so patient and kind, guiding me back to where I need to be, chastising me when I'm wrong, but always loving. Sometimes I kind of glide along, and I wonder how things worked out so well and it's...beautiful.

Amen.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...