CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, November 20, 2016

What I learned from dancing pt. 1


Pinterest.com


When it comes to dancing, I'm like a dance-in-my-living-room-dance-off-with-my-brother-line-dancing-church-"chouting"-type of dancer. And should I mention love line dancing again??? I love line dancing.

Anyway, last night, I went to a dance class with one of my friends from church. The big emphasis was on salsa dancing later that night while we learned some other dance earlier in the night. I was really nervous about the class because I don't really like the whole "dance with a partner" because I haven't been good at it up until this point in my life. I really haven't practiced or done this type of dancing much either...

I really like experiencing new things so that I can have a good story afterward, and I wanted to spend time with my friend...so I went with her to the class. I stepped on a few feet while dancing with the men there, but they were all very gracious. First lesson learned: When you take a risk to do something outside of your comfort zone, there will be nice people to keep you encouraged.

I went to sit down for a minute and struck up a conversation with the guy next to me...

Me: "You dance?"
Him: "I'm fixing my watch".
Me: "So you don't dance." (as a definitive statement not as a question).

My friend walked up. I told her that he didn't dance and that he was "fixing his watch". He cut his eyes at me, and I smiled at him, amused at my own joke.

He got up and took my friend out on the dance floor while another man grabbed me. I sat back down again right after that dance and "Mr. Watch" came back over and said something to the effect of, "Alright, let's go," and extended his hand...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...