CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, October 20, 2013

Never good enough

annabrixthomsen.com

Lately, I've found that I can't be "good enough" for God. When I look at what His Word demands of me and what I do, I'll never measure up. I'm so thankful for what Jesus did for me! Whew! In the Black church, at a comment like this, the preacher might say "Look atcho neighba and say, 'Neighba!...I'm thankful fo' da blood!!!'"

I am thankful.

This doesn't mean that I give my sin a pass just because of grace. I just realize that I will never be good enough. I will never be perfect. There is only One who is perfect. I continue to examine myself. I'm thankful for the One who is faithful to complete what He started in me (Phil. 1:6). One day I will be like Him. Until that day, I'm glad that He will continue to work in me as I abide in Him and He plucks out what's not like Him and produces the fruit in me. All we have to do is abide.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...