CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, February 10, 2013

Reflection on marriage

blog.lib.umn.edu


I found this in my journal from last year around this time. I was really, seriously thinking about, praying about, and reading about marriage.  Here are some questions that I asked myself, and other things I thought about. So for you other single ladies (and especially those who've never been in a serious relationship like me)...be encouraged! :)

Am I a woman of prayer? Am I a woman that truly LOVES the Lord and shows that by the way I live (selflessly, boldly for Christ)?

Do I trust God above all others?

How do I:
steward my time?  My money?  My gifts from God (i.e. singing, teaching, creative caring ideas)?

Does my living space show that I: cook? Clean? Take care of my body?

How do I treat the men in my life? My dad? Brother? Male friends?

Do I always speak my mind or do I hold my peace and choose my words carefully? 

Am I compassionate towards others? How's my serve?

Am I patient? Am I a woman of grace?

Am I able to take criticism? Especially when it's constructive?

  
I want my next (actually my first) relationship to possibly lead to marriage.  Never thought I’d be one uh dem girls.  Lol.  One who just waited on Jesus to send someone compatible and that seemed “right” along.  I always wanted a cool history (really just a cool story) of how I dated a couple guys and then finally met the one I would marry!  But I guess those stories are overrated.  I’ll still have a cool story.  A story of how I worked through my issues, had cool adventures with my guy friends and girl friends, worked on my relationship with the Lord, did some cool things, and finally got with one of my guy friends.  Might not be a real excitin’ story but it’s mine and I LIKE IT! LOL!

I PRAY that the man I marry (if I ever marry) will be a man of God (one who really loves God), of integrity, one that will love our children, and be a godly role model for them (and me).

And I wanna be a woman of integrity who loves God.  I wanna be a woman that will stand by her man. And if I never marry, I still wanna be a woman of integrity who loves God.  And right now, I’m just gonna TRY…GONNA TRY(!!!) to enjoy my singleness.  It really is a gift.  Thank You, Lord!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...