CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

No way!! Yes!! WAYYY!!!

Scooped from: amazon.com

Have you ever heard of The Street Bible?  I was pretty floored while reading Urban Missionary Blog and seeing a quote from something called The Street Bible.  I thought it was a joke til I googled it...ha-ha-ha.  Check out the "verses" I read 'bout Crazy Johnny a.k.a...John the Baptist!

While he was doing time in the pen, Crazy Johnny heard the word on the street about what his cousin was doing. Johnny sent his boys to ask Jesus, 'Are you the One God sent to get us out of this mess or not?'

Jesus said, 'The proof is in the pudding. Tell Johnny I’m doing some wild miracles here. I’m healing people who are blind as bats, straightening out crippled legs, changing rotting flesh into brand new skin, unplugging deaf ears, bringing dead people back to life and I’m telling the poor not to give up hope because God really does love them. I may look pretty ordinary on the outside, but looks can be deceiving. If you hang in there with me, you’ll find what you are looking for.'

Matthew 11:2-5 (The Street Bible)

2 comments:

Unknown

i like this!! i think myself AND my children could understand this one better than the traditional bible

Ugena Moses

Ha-ha! It IS pretty "street." Really breaks things allll the wayyy downnn.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...