CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, June 21, 2012

A letter to God

Dear Diary,

So I'm fittin'na write a letter ta God cuz some things just don't seem right!  I'm struggling and I feel like God is so far away that if I MAILED Him a letter, He might get it faster than my prayers.  My sin makes has me feeling terrible.  Seems like sometimes I try to do right, and I end up doing the wrong thing.  Seems like I'm having a hard time bringing this flesh under subjection.  I feel like the unbeliever 'Crae describes in this video: 


Strong words, I know but that's how I'm feeling. 

Seems like sometimes when I try to make sure I rep Christ fa real fa real, I get real' scared and don't share the Gospel when I know I should.  I've missed so many opportunities to literally preach Christ to cats. What can I do??! Lordddd, help!!!

Signed,
Ashamed

Well, check out the response I got.
Dear Ashamed,

First things first:  you need to fast and pray.  Come away with me so I can teach you and show you how to bring your flesh under subjection.

Don't you know I'll forgive you if you confess! (1 John 1:9). Don't you know I DIED for all that?!  I didn't just die so you could TRY to "represent me." I already knew ahead of time that these days would come...days when you would act like I never died.  When you'd act like I never got up out that grave.  When you'd act like I didn't redeem you.  Like I didn't pay a price to BUY you back.  When you'd not spend time with Me so that I could teach you and show you and guide you (Me being your loving Father and all...when are you gonna get that?!) in how to control your flesh and bring it under subjection - I left my Word for you.  And I gave you the Holy Spirit!  I ain' coming back to earth again to physically walk beside you and hold your hand...I gave you accountability with other believers for that (James 5:16)...and need I mention the Holy Spirit again??

And crack open that Bible!  Did you not read where I allowed Paul to write about his struggle?  Lemme refresh your memory from Romans SEVEN: 19-25:
verses 19-20 For I do not do the good I want, but the evil I do not want is what I keep on doing. Now if I do what I do not want, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells within me.

And then 24-25:
Wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death? Thanks be to God through Jesus Christ our Lord!

Um...remember that? 

I'm your example...Hebrews 4:15. And then remember when I (!!!), Myself, said in John 15:5 "I am the vine; you are the branches. Whoever abides in me and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit, for apart from me you can do nothing."  Mmm-hmm...Abide in ME, and my Father will prune you so that you will bear more fruit!  Including self-control (Galatians 5).  

Stop being afraid to tell people about Me.  I didn't give you that fear (2 Timothy 1:7).  You KNOW where that comes from. And you have power over him!  I gave that to you, too (Luke 10:19)!! Daggone Lucifer.  He gon' get his..I'm 'bout ready for him to be put away ANYWAY (Revelation 20:10).  Just hold tight. And you know how I treat folks that are ashamed of Me (Mark 8:38, 2 Timothy 1:8).

And remember that I love you, girl!  I did DIE for you (John 15:13...John 3:16 fa cryin' out loud!!!)!!!! Whew.  And I'm preparing a place for you (John 14:2-3)...so when I come back to getcha, BE READY! (Matthew 24:36,44). It's gon' be a party like you ain' EVA seen!  I really do love you.  And I'll never leave you (do I even need to list all the times I've said this? Here's one just cuz I love ya: Hebrews 13:5).  How many times I gotta prove that to you?

That's all for now,
J.

I got the message LOUD and CLEAR.  Thank You, Jesus!!! 

2 comments:

Unknown

POWERFUL!!

Ugena Moses

Swew! Right?! Glory to God for grace! And answered prayers!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...