CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, June 14, 2012

Leaving a legacy


I think a lot about my life and the type of impact I want to have.  I think about how I want to remembered, and the lives I want to touch.  I consider the consequences of my actions before I act (sometimes...) and other times I consider those consequences after I've acted (fail...).  There's a problem with all this thinking about my life...it's really not about me at all.  IT'S ABOUT HIM.


One day as I sat and made a list about the above, the Holy Spirit reminded me that this life is not about me.  I'm only a blip in the line that makes up eternity.  And maybe a "blip" is thinking too highly of myself.  While I do have a responsibility to please the Lord, I have to remember that my life is not my own.  My purpose is to bring glory to God.  I need to .  Like my accountability partner and friend, Sasha, told me:  our lives should be so Christ-centered and influenced that everything we do brings Him glory.  And we should find the greatest joy in that.

Whew...Amen.

So, "examine yourselves, to see whether you are in the faith. Test yourselves. Or do you not realize this about yourselves, that Jesus Christ is in you?—unless indeed you fail to meet the test!" - 2 corinthians 13.5 esv.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...