CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Enjoying this season

kingofuganda.blogspot.com

I've been doing a lot of self-reflection lately...as always...l.o.l...and I've realized that I really want to enjoy this season of my life.  At present, I'm single, working (in the process of changing careers), and I live with my family (what a cost-saver!).  This season presents many freedoms, challenges, and responsibilities.

I can come and go as I please. I can really invest my time into ministry without having to be concerned with cooking dinner for a husband and kids (although I occasionally cook dinner for my actual family).  I don't have to worry about pleasing a husband.  Reminds me of the words of 1 Corinthians 7:32-35:
32 I want you to be free from anxieties. The unmarried man is anxious about the things of the Lord, how to please the Lord. 33 But the married man is anxious about worldly things, how to please his wife, 34 and his interests are divided. And the unmarried or betrothed woman is anxious about the things of the Lord, how to be holy in body and spirit. But the married woman is anxious about worldly things, how to please her husband. 35 I say this for your own benefit, not to lay any restraint upon you, but to promote good order and to secure your undivided devotion to the Lord.

I'd encourage you to check out the rest of 1 Corinthians 7.  Now, I know that Paul wrote these words to people for whom it would have been easier to live as singles because of the perilous times. The only person I have to be concerned with pleasing is the Lord!  Now I'm not saying that there is anything wrong with being married and caring for a husband and children.  Not at all!  That is great!  The institution of marriage is fantastic - especially when it occurs in a Biblical way.

I'm just grateful for the stage of life that I get to enjoy now.  As I continue to think of reasons to be thankful for this stage of life, check out Writing to Be Real's poem "Changes."  I can SOOO agree!!!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...