CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, May 7, 2012

Crazy Love

urbanchristiannews.com

Alright, alright.  The book I quoted from in that last post... It's entitled Crazy Love by Francis Chan.  Man, oh man, this book convicted and blessed me!  And caused me to spend more time in reflection and really seeking the Lord as I think through some practical ways to really live out what Jesus taught.  It really challenged my perception of God and of giving; of His love for me and my love for Him.

Some excellent quotes from the book can be found here.


“But God doesn't call us to be comfortable. He calls us to trust Him so completely that we are unafraid to put ourselves in situations where we will be in trouble if He doesn't come through.” 


“Lukewarm living and claiming Christ's name simultaneously is utterly disgusting to God.”


“Both worry and stress reek of arrogance."


“When it's hard and you are doubtful, give more.”


“The concept of downsizing so that others might upgrade is biblical, beautiful...and nearly unheard of. We either close the gap of don't take the words of the Bible literally.” 


If you'd like to read the book, please check your local library first before you buy it...I just really love libraries.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...