CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, July 6, 2013

That Word!


What's keeping me grounded right now? The WORD!!!!!!!!!

I set a goal to read through the Old Testament by the end of the year.

A bit of an audacious goal. But I'd like to get through it!

The majority of my time in the Word is in the New Testament, but I know there is some GOLD in the OT. And I wanna have some of those nuggets! Of course there's the wisdom of Ecclesiastes, the timeless advice of the Proverbs, and the lyrics we call the Psalms. But there's also some interesting battle stories, drama, love, forgiveness, and those words that point to the arrival of the Messiah...oh boy!

God's Word has been keeping me grounded as I walk out this journey we call life...fighting for my joy...hoping in the hope that does not disappoint, and seeking to make Him famous. Not just reading to be reading, but reading to have a foundation, to keep eternity in mind, and to apply it to daily living.

I'm in Exodus now. What are you reading in the Word?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...