CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, July 12, 2013

My new roommate

http://www.countryheart.co.uk/site/prod394.htm

So, if any of my original readers/followers are still following the blog...*chirp chirp chirp*

If you're out there(!), then you'll remember that I've been had some interesting living situations in the last year.

I actually didn't post about all of them, so let me give you a run-down:

When I first moved to the Midwest, I lived with two interesting people...one was a graduate student trying to finish her program before the summer ended and the other was a lost man who needed the love of Jesus. Really, they both needed the Savior. And I looked forward to sharing the Gospel with them!

I only lived there for a short time (but not before having spiritual conversations with both of them of course). Actually all of us only lived there for a short time before our sublease ran out.

Then I moved in with a Jewish family that volunteers with my organization. That was supposed to be another short-term arrangement, with me only staying for 3 months. Well, I fell in love with them. It was nice to "live with family." They fed me dinner, and I had access to everything in the house. Then my 3 months ended and they were ready for me to leave on the sneak...

So, I hurriedly moved in with a lady who seemed pretty normal when I'd met her 2 months earlier in my search for a new place to live. The first month was ok. Then the second month things got weird. By month three, things were cray-cray and she told me to go.

So, on to my fourth move...I moved in with a girl who'd had a "church-hurt" and suddenly needed a new roommate to help pay bills.  Bonding over our experiences with crazy roommates, I moved in. I found that the cleanliness of the place was a bit suspect after living with her for a few weeks. I also found out that the lease was ending soon and that she would be moving into a house with friends...

So, I had to look for yet another (yes, a fifth place) little space to call home. This time I was much more prayerful, and really gave this to God.

My fifth place is a blessing from the Lord. After 5 moves in one year, this girl was tired of moving!With nearly everything I want, including cheap rent, and a (bonus!) Christian roommate, I am grateful!!!! I've been here for a month now and love the location and the quiet. And, I'm finding a new "hanging partner" in my roommate. Who knows? Maybe one day, we'll be road dawgs....

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...